Most of us have a Google account, and if you’re reading this blog post, you probably have one. The profile picture on your Google Account is used across all your Google services, including Google Mail (Gmail), Google Meet, YouTube, Google Hangouts, and more. However, if you are not comfortable showing it to others, you always have an option to delete or change your Google account’s profile photo. This blog post will tell you how to remove profile picture from Google account on the computer, Android, iPhone, and iOS devices permanently.
While you can easily change your Google account’s profile picture, removing it is not as straightforward as you would expect. In this guide, we’ll be discussing the steps involved in removing your Google account’s display picture.
How To Remove Profile Picture From Google Account
Users add images to their Google profile while creating a Google account. But, they may later want to change or delete it from their profile. We’ve also continued steps to permanently delete your profile picture from your Google account, so read on till the end. If you wish to remove your Google profile photo but are unsure how to do it, follow the below-mentioned methods based on your device.
- Remove Profile Photo From Google Account on Web / Laptop
- Remove Profile Photo From Google Account on Android
- Remove Profile Photo From Google Account on iOS / iPhone
How To Remove Profile Picture From Google Account on Web / Laptop
You can follow the steps below to delete your Google profile photo quickly through a web browser on your computer.
- Open your web browser on your desktop or laptop and head to accounts.google.com.
- Sign in with your Google account if not already.
- Now, click on Personal Info located on the left sidebar.
- On the next screen, scroll down and click on Go to About me.
- Here, click on Profile Picture.
- Now, click the Remove button located below your photo.
That’s it. Your profile picture will now be instantly removed from your Google account. It’ll no longer appear in Google Mail (aka Gmail), YouTube, Google Meet, Hangouts, or other Google services. You can also add or change the photo later by repeating the above-mentioned steps.
Also, you can use the above steps through any web browser on Android, iPhone, and iOS devices.
How To Remove Profile Picture From Google Account on Android
- Open Settings on your Android phone.
- Head to the Google section.
- Click on Manage your Google Account.
- Now, switch to the Personal Info tab.
- Please scroll to the bottom and click Go to About me.
- Tap your profile photo and select No photo.
If you can’t find the option, click on “Manage your profile picture” and then remove it. Your Google profile photo has now been successfully deleted and will no longer be visible to others.
How To Remove Profile Picture From Google Account on iOS / iPhone / iPad
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad from here.
- Click the menu at the top left and select Settings.
- Select your Google Account and click Manage your Google Account.
- Switch to the Personal tab.
- Tap on Go to About me at the bottom of the page.
- Here, click on your Profile Picture.
- Next, click on Manage your profile picture and remove your Google profile photo.
If you face issues using this method, you can remove your Google photo by following the first method through a browser on your iPhone.
How To Permanently Delete Google Profile Photo
Removing a profile photo doesn’t automatically delete your image from Google. Instead, you can find all your old profile images on Album Archive. Below is the step-to-step guide on how to permanently delete Google profile photos from Album Archive:
- Open Google’s Album Archive by clicking here and then click on the Profile Photos folder.
- Open one of your old profile photos, and in the top-right corner, click on the vertical three-dots menu and choose Delete photo.
Note: You can also download your old profile picture from here if you want a copy of it.
- Google will now urge you to confirm deleting the picture as it is permanent and can’t restore it later. Click on Delete to permanently delete the photo.
Conclusion – Remove Profile Photo From Google Account
I hope you know now how to remove profile pictures from your Google account. You can also use the steps to change the profile photo instead of deleting it – all you need to use is the Change option. Anyway, if you still have any other queries, do let us know in the comments below.