Are you struggling with how to read Instagram direct messages without being seen or letting the other person know? Or have you already viewed someone’s IG message, and you want to delete or undo seen or read receipts? If yes, here is the complete step-by-step guide on how to read Instagram messages without being seen on Android smartphones and iPhones.
Along with sharing images and videos on Instagram, you can also make a private conversation with anyone using the Instagram Direct Message feature. Further, Instagram also helps you know your sent message status, whether the recipient has read it or not. Well, we all wish to read messages without marking them as read, especially when we’re busy or need time to respond.
However, Insta shows the Seen remark as soon as you read the message, which can be annoying for many of you. Plus, unlike WhatsApp & Facebook, Instagram doesn’t let you turn off or hide read/seen receipts due to its data policies. So, you might be wondering, is there any way to read Instagram messages secretly without the sender knowing?
Yes, there is a way around it; we have a couple of tricks and hacks that will let you quickly read Instagram DMs without marking them as read. In this article, we have briefly mentioned five100% working ways to read Instagram direct messages without being seen on Android and iPhone.
How To Read Instagram Direct Messages Without Being Seen
There are several methods to check Instagram DMs without sending out the read or seen receipts. You can either use Instagram’s restrict feature, disable your internet, or even use third-party services. But, first, read the step-by-step guide on how to read Instagram direct messages without marking, as seen in detail below.
- Read IG Messages By Turning Off WiFi / Mobile Data To Hide Instagram Read Receipts
- Read Instagram Messages Without Being Seen By Restricting
- Disable Internet and Log Out From Instagram Account
- Read Instagram DMs Secretly Using Third-Party Services
- Read Instagram Messages Without Being Seen From Within Your Email
1. Read IG Messages By Turning Off WiFi / Mobile Data To Hide Instagram Read Receipts
As we mentioned, there are no official features from Instagram to hide the seen sign after reading messages on Instagram. But, there is a method to read the messages in the Instagram app without being seen temporarily. How?
First of all, you will receive a message in your Instagram account; if your notifications are on, do not tap on the notification bar. By doing this, the DMs will be seen, and you will fail. So, don’t open the notifications and if you don’t want to do it unintentionally, turn your notifications off or not the conversation you don’t want to mark as seen.
- Now, open the Instagram app on your device, tap on the arrow icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Open your inbox to load messages. But, do not open the intended conversation.
- Now, close the Instagram app entirely [from the background too] and disconnect the internet connection.
- Then, reopen the Instagram app, go to your DM inbox, and read the messages.
Note: Your internet connection must be off while reading the messages.
- Done! You have read the Instagram messages without being seen.
However, this is not the best way because as soon as you connect to the internet, the messages will be seen. So, let’s see the other in-app solution.
2. Read Instagram Messages Without Being Seen By Restricting
Another way to help you read Instagram messages without being seen is to restrict the people you want to read messages from without being seen. When you restrict someone on Instagram, you will not see their posts and stories, and you can control their comments so that other people can’t see them below your posts.
In addition, it marks the conversations with that person as message requests. And you might know, there is no seen message in the requests. Hence, if you restrict the intended account, their messages will be sent to the requests, and you can easily read them without being seen. But the question is how to restrict someone on Instagram?
How To Restrict Someone on Instagram
- Open the desired account profile on your Instagram app.
- Tap on the three dots icon located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Then, hit the Restrict button.
- Now, make sure you want to restrict them.
- Finally, you can see that the messages are in the requests and look like the following. However, if you want to reply to them, you have to unrestrict them.
3. Disable Internet and Log Out From Instagram Account
This method is very much similar to the trick above. However, it doesn’t carry the risk of marking the messages as seen. If you accidentally go online or Instagram connect to the internet in the background. Here’s how it works:
- Disable your phone’s mobile data or WiFi connection to make it offline.
- Now, go to Instagram’s direct messages tab. Read the received message.
- While still saying offline, go to Instagram Settings, scroll to the bottom, and tap Log Out.
- OR, you can directly clear the Instagram app’s data from your phone’s settings.
- You will now be logged out of the Instagram app. You can now connect back to the internet- the message won’t be marked as read.
4. Read Instagram DMs Secretly Using Third-Party Services
Another method to read Instagram messages without being seen is to use a third-party app like AiGrow. It is a complete package of professional Instagram tools, including growth, engagement, and management tools. Using these package tools, you can:
- Gain real Instagram followers
- Track and monitor Instagram accounts
- Share trending posts using the social calendar
- Schedule posts and stories
- Host automated Instagram giveaway contests
And also, manage your Instagram direct messages. Using this tool, you can connect to your Instagram account(s), manage your inbox, read messages without being seen, and connect to your email. But how? Follow the steps below:
- Create a free account here.
- Open your dashboard, and add your Instagram account.
- Now, click on the Manage Account button.
- Find the Inbox tab and click on it.
- Here, you can see all your messages, and to ease finding the intended conversation, you can filter your DMs to see the unread, read, or even the sent ones.
- Finally, click on the desired conversation, read the messages, and even send a reply without being seen. It’s done.
This way, the messages will never be marked as seen until you open the conversation in the official Instagram app.
5. Read Instagram Direct Messages Without Being Seen From Within Your Email
AiGrow offers a feature that lets users read Instagram messages without being seen. This way, you can connect your Instagram inbox to your email address and view, receive and send Instagram direct messages in the email environment. How to let’s see:
- After creating a free account on AiGrow, open the dashboard, find the DM to Email tab and add your email address.
- Then, open your email inbox and confirm your email address.
- Now, your Instagram DM inox is connected to your email address.
- Each time you receive messages on Instagram, you will be notified by email. That’s all.
Additionally, you can read, send, reply and receive messages through emails. And, as it is an email, it will never be marked as seen!
Wrapping Up – Hiding Read Receipts on Instagram
To sum it up, we all may want to read some of our Instagram messages without letting the sender know. But, since Instagram doesn’t have any official features for that, we’d better use any of the methods mentioned above to see or read Instagram direct messages without being seen or marking them as seen on Android and iOS devices.
So, if you are concerned about this, try it right now and share your experience with us. Also, do let me know if you have any other method in your mind.