Stories, articles, and troubleshooting guides on the web come with advertisements. And if you want to print a web page, you often get all that annoying ads, sidebars, and other junk, wasting the precious ink. So, do you want to print a web page without ads (Advertisements)? If yes, then you are in the right place. You can remove the ads and other extraneous elements from a web page using a feature built into your web browser.
In this article, we will share four ways to remove advertisements from a web page and guide you step-by-step on how to print a web page without ads in Google Chrome web browser.
How To Print A Web Page Without Ads in Google Chrome Web Browser
If you are looking for how to print a webpage without ads in Google Chrome web browser, then below I’ve explained 4 ways to print webpages without advertisement in Googel Chrome.
We advise you to use “Reading Mode” in web browsers to remove ads and other clutter on a web page. In reading mode, your web browser creates a unique view with just the text and necessary images. Note that this mode isn’t just for reading — you can also print a web page using the reading mode to get a better, more easy-to-read hard copy. All you have to do is activate reading mode in Google Chrome browser before printing the webpage. Read: How To Block Websites on Google Chrome.
Following are three easy ways you can print a web page in Google Chrome without ads. Also, there is a step-by-step guide to all four ways to print webpage without ads. You can choose the one you like.
- Using Google Chrome Reader Mode
- Using an Ad Blocker
- Save Web Page as Single HTML With No Ads
- Using Reader View Chrome Extension
1. Using Google Chrome Reader Mode
I guess a few of you might have already heard about “Reader mode“. It is available on almost all web browsers like Microsoft Edge, Safari, Opera, etc. Enabling Reader Mode in Google Chrome removes all the ads, popups, and other annoying elements from a webpage.
Google Chrome lacks reader mode in the public release, but the good news is that you can activate reader mode in Google Chrome through Flags. Here’s how to do it:
How To Enable Reader Mode in Google Chrome Web Browser
To enable or turn on reader mode in Google Chrome web browser, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your device.
- Type Chrome://flags in your Chome’s address bar and hit Enter.
- On the Chrome Flags page, type “Reader Mode” and click on search. Or, you can directly type chrome://flags/#enable-reader-mode, and you will land on the same page.
- The Enable Reader Mode flag will be set as default. All you need to do is enable it.
- Click on the down arrow icon and click on Enable.
- Relaunch the Google Chrome browser to make changes into effect.
How To Print Web Page Without Ads Using Reader Mode in Google Chrome
After enabling reading mode in your Google Chrome web browser, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- After enabling Reader Mode in Chrome, a reader mode icon will appear on the right side of the address bar.
- To read an article in reader mode, click on Reader View icon.
- Or, you can click on the Chrome Menu > Enter Reader Mode.
- Once you open a web page in reader mode, right-click anywhere on the page and click on Print.
- On the next page, choose your print, pages, layout, and print the webpage without ads.
This prints the streamlined, more minimal version of the web page. That cut-down version also appears in the print preview window.
Note: If you’re trying to print a web page that isn’t an article, the reader view icon either doesn’t appear or is grayed out. This is because reading mode only works with web articles, as your web browser can automatically strip those down.
2. Use an Ad Blocker
Using the reader mode is not the only way to remove advertisements on a web page. You can also opt to Ad blockers. The Google Chrome Web Store is full of ad blockers, and chances are you might be familiar of them or already utilizing one. Read: How To Allow or Block Pop-ups in Google Chrome on Android.
In case, you don’t have an ad blocker extension added in your Google Chrome we browser, follow the below steps:
How To Print A Web Page Without Ads Using Ad Blocker in Google Chrome
Follow the below-mentioned steps to print a webpage without advertisements in Google Chrome using ad blocker extension from Chrome Web Store.
- Visit Chrome Web Store and search for “Adblocker“.
- You will see a lot of adblockers listed on the store. Add either of them. (We prefe AdGaurd AdBlocker)
- Click on “Add to Chrome“.
- Confirm your choice by clicking on “Add Extension” to add the extension in your browser
- After adding the extension, visit the web page you want to print, and the adblocker will block all the ads on it.
You can now print the page without ads as they are already blocked. Next time you want to print out a web page without ads, do remember to enable an ad blocker on the web page, and you are good to go.
3. Save Web Page as Single HTML With No Ads
Google Chrome allows you save a web page in different HTML forms. When you save a webpage as a single HTML file, Google Chrome browser will save it without the ad images. You can later print the web page without any ads. Here’s how to do it:
How To Print A Web Page Without Ads By Saving Webpage as Single HTML in Google Chrome
Follow the below-mentioned steps to print a web page without advertisement in Googe Chrome by saving the webpage as a single HTML:
- Open the Google Chrome browser and visit the webpage that you want to print.
- Once the webpage is loaded, click the three dots icon on the top right corner of the screen and select More tools.
- A small popup menu will appear. Here, click on the Save page as. Or you can use CTRL + S shortcut to save a page to your computer.
- The save window will open. Here, select the location where you want to save the page.
- Before saving the page, click the Save page as drop-down menu and select Webpage, Single file.
- Now, the web page will be saved without ads.
You can now visit the location where you have saved the webpage, right-click on it and select Print to take a printout of the webpage without any annoying ads.
4. Using Reader View Chrome Extension
After some tests, we decided the best one is installing a Chrome extension to print without ads, like Reader View. Follow the below-mentioned steps to print a web page without ads in Googe Chrome using Reader View Chrome extension:
- Open Reader View Chrome extension web page on your browser using this link.
- Click on “Add to Chrome“.
- Confirm your choice by clicking on “Add Extension” to add the extension in your browser.
- After adding the extension, load any web page you want to print.
- To the right of your web address bar, click or tap on the Extensions button.
- In the pop-up, click or tap on Reader View to grant the extension access to the site.
- To start the printing process, press CTRL + P on your Windows keyboard (or Command (⌘) + P on macOS) or click or tap on the printer button on Reader View’s sidebar.
- In the Print dialogue, choose the printer that you want to use, set your printing preferences, and click or tap Print.
Printing webpages without ads in Google Chrome isn’t a difficult task anymore. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned above. Either enable the Reader Mode using Chrome flags or use an ad blocker extension to clear out the advertisements on the web page. Or, the best one is installing a Reader View Chrome extension to print without ads in Google Chrome web browser. Anyways, are you able to print web page without ads through the methods above?
- How To Print a Web Page Without Ads in Safari Web Browser
- How To Print a Web Page Without Ads in Microsoft Edge Web Browser
- How To Print a Web Page Without Ads in Mozilla Firefox Web Browser
- How To Print a Web Page Without Ads in Opera Web Browser
- How To Print a Web Page Without Ads in Brave Web Browser