Another day, another rebranded smartphone from Xiaomi offshoot Redmi. The company today launched the Redmi 9 Prime in the Indian market. The phone was initially announced as Redmi 9 in Spain back in June.
The phone competes in the budget segment with a starting price of Rs. 9,999 and offers decent specs for the price.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime Specifications and Features
The Redmi 9 Prime boasts a 6.53-inch FullHD+ IPS display with a water-drop notch at the top and narrow bezels. It has a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top.
At its core, the phone comes with an Helio G80 gaming SoC and Mali-G52 GPU combo. The phone comes in two versions, featuring a 4GB RAM but having 64GB and 128GB storage options. However, it also has a dedicated slot for a microSD card for storage expansion up to 512GB. The smartphone runs Android 10 out of the box.
The smartphone comes with a quad-camera setup at the rear for optics, with the four lenses arranged in a single vertical stack. The camera setup comprises a 13MP primary camera, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, a 5MP macro lens, and a 2MP depth sensor. On the front, you have an 8MP sensor for selfies.
Fueling the device is a 5,020mAh battery that draws power through a USB Type-C port at up to 18W. But, the charger that comes bundled with the box only supports 10W charging, meaning you’ll have to pay more if you want to juice up the battery faster.
For security, an AI Face Unlock, and a fingerprint sensor is included, or somewhat camouflaged, within the rear camera module. The smartphone also comes with P2i coating for splash resistance.
Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, FM Radio, NFC, GPS, and AGPS. There is an infrared sensor as well, as is a 3.5 mm headphone jack and a USB-C port.
Key Specifications of Redmi 9 Prime
- Body Dimensions: 163.30 x 77 x 9.1mm
- Weight: 198 grams
- Display: 6.53-inch FHD+ (2340x1080p) IPS display; Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G80, Octa-core Processor
- GPU: ARM G52 GPU @950MHz
- RAM & Storage: 4GB+64GB / 4GB+128GB
- Rear Camera: AI Quad Camera Array
- Main Camera: 13MP
- UW Camera: 8MP, 118.2˚ FOV (Field-of-view)
- Macro Camera: 5MP
- Portrait Camera: 2MP Depth Sensor
- Front Camera: 8MP Selfie Camera
- Battery: 5020mAh with 10W Charger In-box (Supports 18W Fast Charge)
- Security: AI Face Unlock, Rear Fingerprint Sensor
- Network: Dual-SIM (4G+4G), Supports dual SIM VoLTE HD calling, Supports VoWiFi
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct / Wi-Fi Display, GPS / AGPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C, etc.
- Sensors: G-sensor | L-Sensor | P-Sensor | E-Compass
- Package Contents: Redmi 9 Prime, Power Adapter, Simple Protective Cover, USB Type-C Cable, SIM Eject Tool, User Guide, Warranty Card
- Color Options: Matte Black, Mint Green, Space Blue, Sunrise Flare
- Price in India: INR 9999 (4GB/64GB) and INR 11,999 (4GB/128GB)
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime Price in India and Availability
The 4GB/64GB model of the Redmi 9 Prime is priced at INR 9,999 ($135/€115), and if you shell out INR 2,000 ($27/€23) more, you get double storage i.e., 4GB/128GB.
The Redmi 9 Prime comes in five different color options to choose from i.e., Matte Black, Mint Green, Space Blue, and Sunrise Flare colors. It is available for purchase via Mi Home stores, Mi Studios, and other offline retail stores.
|Model||Variant||Price in India|
|Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime||4GB + 64GB||INR 9,999|
|Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime||4GB + 128GB||INR 11,999|