The Chinese smartphone maker Tecno Mobiles today announced the launch of a new entry-level smartphone in Nepal, dubbed Tecno Spark 6 Go. It is the newest contender in Nepal’s highly-competitive low-cost smartphone market. As evident from its name, the smartphone runs Android 10 with HiOS 6.2 on top.
The USP of this smartphone seems to be the battery life and the company promises 40 days of standby time or 54 hours of Talktime on a single charge. The device comes with a waterdrop notch and dual cameras on the back along with a fingerprint sensor.
Tecno Spark 6 Go Specifications and Features
The entry-level smartphone market in Nepal is highly competitive which is why Tecno Mobiles has made sure it offers specs that put it shoulder-to-shoulder with its competitors in its price segment.
The dual-SIM (Nano) Tecno Spark 6 Go comes with a 6.55-inch TFT display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels (269 PPI pixel density) and a peak brightness of 480 nits.
In terms of processing power, the new smartphone is powered by a MediaTek Helio A25 SoC and an IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU for graphics processing. The smartphone comes with 4GB of RAM with 64GB of onboard storage that can be expanded up to 512GB via a microSD card.
With the above specs, you cannot expect the smartphone to run high-definition games and do heavy multi-tasking, however, you will be able to get through some of the ordinary smartphone tasks and run basic apps like Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp, and even a few media apps.
As far as optics go, the Tecno Spark 6 Go comes with a dual rear camera setup that houses a 13-megapixel primary sensor that packs what the company calls an AI lens which supposedly is also the depth sensor. On the front, you get an 8-megapixel sensor located on the top of the display as a punch-hole camera. It offers an array of features like HDR, AI Beauty, Bokeh Mode, and Auto Scene Detection.
Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS/ A-GPS, Micro-USB and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Sensors onboard include an accelerometer, ambient light, magnetometer, and a proximity sensor. There is also the fingerprint sensor at the back for security.
Powering this whole package is a whopping 5,000mAh non-removable battery pack that without a doubt will be able to give you more than a full day’s back up. The phone does not add any support for fast-charging technology due to micro USB support and also its dated chipset.
Key Specs of Tecno Spark 6 Go
- Dimensions: 165.6 x 76.3 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 193g
- Display: 6.55-inch HD+ (720 x 1600 pixels) waterdrop display, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Octa-Core (ARM Cortex-A53 at 1.8GHz + ARM Cortex-A53 at 1.5GHz) MediaTek Helio A25 12nm (IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU)
- Operating system: HiOS 6.2, Android 10
- RAM: 4GB
- ROM: 64GB (expandable storage up to 512GB with microSD)
- Rear camera:13MP + AI Lens Dual AI Camera, Features: AI HDR, AI Beauty, Bokeh Mode, Auto Scene Detection, Panorama
- Front camera: 8MP AI Selfie Camera, Features: AI Beauty, AI Portrait, Wide Selfie, Single Variable Intensity LED Flashlight
- Other Features: Audio Share, HiOS Features Like Smart Panel 2.0, Whatsapp Call Recorder, Whatsapp Call Flashlight, Whatsapp Status Saver, WiFi Share, Dial Pad Sound Generator, Dark Theme, Vault, Gesture Call Picker
- Security: Face Unlock and Fingerprint Scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh
- Sensors: Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), 4G, Wi-Fi, GPS, USB OTG, FM radio, USB port, 3.5mm audio jack
- Color options: Aqua Blue, Ice Jadeite
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 13,890
Tecno Spark 6 Go Price in Nepal and Availability
Available in only one variant – a 4GB/64GB, the price of Tecno Spark 6 Go is Rs. 13,890 in Nepal and is available for purchase from offline retail stores in two different color options – Ice Jadeite and Aqua Blue. The smartphone also comes with 100 days replacement guarantee and a 12+1 month warranty.
|Model Name||Price in Nepal|
|Tecno Spark 6 Go (4GB/64GB)||NPR 13,890|
What do you think about the Tecno Spark 6 Go? Let us know in the comments below!