A few weeks earlier, realme launched the realme C3 in Nepal, and now the company has launched two new smartphones in the market i.e. realme 6 and realme 6i. Both the smartphones are the successors to last year’s realme 5 and realme 5i. With the realme 5 series, realme achieved huge success in India and as well as in Nepal. And now, the company looks to carry that momentum forward in 2020 with the realme 6 series.
Both the smartphones, realme 6 and realme 6i brings lots of upgrades in the design, display, camera, and performance departments. So, what do we get to see in realme 6? Let’s find out.
Realme 6 Specifications and Features
The realme 6 boasts a 6.5-inch 90Hz display with a 120Hz touch sampling rate which offers a seamless and smooth experience. With a 90.5% screen-to-body ratio, the smartphone is aided by the punch hole cut out for the selfie camera. The display is further protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the top.
Not just this, the realme 6 comes with a punch hole light effect making the edge of the camera light up while using the facial unlock or when the front camera is in use.
Powered by gaming-focused 2.05GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio G90T chipset, the realme 6 processor is built on a 12nm process and is combined by ARM G76 GPU. The smartphone comes in 4GB/6GB/8GB of RAM configurations with 64GB and 128GB storage options. The high-end 8GB/128GB variant of realme 6 is launched in Nepal. The RAM and ROM on the handset are based on LPDDR4X And UFS 2.1 respectively.
Coming to the optics, the realme 6 sports a quad-camera set-up, comprised of a 64MP (f/1.8, 6P lens) main camera, an 8MP (f/2.3, 5P lens) 119° ultra-wide-angle, and a 2MP (f/2.4, 3P) macro lens and a 2MP (f/2.4, 3P lens) B&W portrait lens.
Talking about the front camera, the realme 6 houses a 16MP (f/2.0, 5P lens) with a FOV of 79.3°. So the camera has got the potential of being a great camera phone but it can’t be said until we review and test it.
Out-of-the-box, the realme 6 runs on realme UI which is based on Android 10 OS. The realme UI also offers new features which include Soloop, a smart tool for editing professional-level short videos.
The handset is fuelled by a 4300mAh battery with comes with a 30W fast charging support. For security, realme has also included a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Key Specifications of realme 6
- Body: 162.1 x 74.8 x 8.9 mm, 191 g, Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.5 inches IPS LCD, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 90Hz refresh rate, 20:9 ratio, 405 ppi, Gorilla Glass 3
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6785 Helio G90T (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Memory: 64GB+4GB RAM, 128GB+4GB RAM, 128GB+6GB RAM, 128GB+8GB RAM, UFS 2.1
- OS: Android 10, Realme UI 1.0
- Rear Camera: 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.3, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
2 MP B/W, f/2.4
Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.0µm; Video: 1080p@30fps
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4300 mAh battery, Fast charging 30W, 100% in 55 min (advertised)
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Security: Fingerprint (side-mounted)
- Colour Options: Comet Blue, Comet White
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 32,990
Realme 6 Price in Nepal and Availability
The realme 6 is available in two memory configurations but only the 8GB+128GB variant of realme 6 is currently available for purchase in Nepal. The realme 6 price in Nepal is Rs. 32,990 for the 8GB + 128GB variant. The smartphone comes in two color options i.e. Comet White and Comet Blue and will be available for purchase starting from the 14th of July.
|Product||Price in Nepal|
|Realme 6 (8GB/128GB)||Rs. 32,990|