Smartphones have become an integral part of our daily lives, with their advanced video capabilities allowing us to capture moments effortlessly. However, it’s not uncommon to play back a recording and be disappointed by the overpowering background noises. Google’s Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro aim to address this issue with their innovative feature, Audio Magic Eraser.
- Audio Magic Eraser is exclusive to Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro.
- The feature uses AI to segregate sounds in a video into distinct layers.
- Users can adjust the volume of specific sounds, enhancing the video’s audio quality.
- The tool is integrated within the Google Photos app.
- Original videos remain unaltered, providing flexibility to users.
Introducing Audio Magic Eraser:
The primary challenge many face when recording videos is the unwanted background noise, whether it’s the hustle and bustle of traffic, the howling wind, or distant conversations. Google’s Pixel 8 series introduces the Audio Magic Eraser, a tool that leverages artificial intelligence to categorize the various sounds in a video into distinct layers. This categorization allows users to adjust the volume of specific noises, ensuring the primary audio remains clear and audible.
How Does It Work?
To utilize the Audio Magic Eraser:
- Accessing the Tool: Open Google Photos on your Pixel 8 or Pixel 8 Pro and select the video you wish to edit.
- Editing Process: Tap the ‘Edit’ button, followed by the ‘Audio’ option. Select ‘Audio Eraser’ to initiate the process.
- Sound Segregation: The tool processes the video, separating sounds into filters such as noise, speech, and music.
- Adjusting Volume: Users can tap on any filter to control the volume of sounds within that category. For instance, reducing the ‘noise’ filter might diminish traffic sounds, while adjusting the ‘music’ filter can lower background music.
- Automatic Adjustments: For those unsure about manual adjustments, the ‘Auto’ option allows Google Photos to balance the sound filters for an optimal audio experience.
- Saving the Edited Video: Once satisfied with the audio adjustments, users can tap ‘Save Copy’ to export the edited video. The original video remains untouched, offering users the flexibility to revert changes if needed.
Google’s Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro have taken a significant step in enhancing video audio quality with the introduction of the Audio Magic Eraser. This feature, integrated within the Google Photos app, provides users with the tools to segregate and adjust specific background noises, ensuring clear and high-quality audio in their recordings. Whether you’re capturing a street performance, a personal monologue, or any other moment, the Pixel 8 series ensures that your videos sound as good as they look.