OPPO India, via its official twitter handle, has silently announced the launch of its new smartphone OPPO A31 and listed it on its official website. The company didn’t organize any launch event for the smartphone. The smartphone made its first appearance in Indonesia earlier this month. And today, OPPO has launched the A31 in the Indian market as well.
In India, the company is offering the OPPO A31 in two color options i.e. Fantasy White and Mystery Black. Here are the complete specifications of the OPPO A31 along with its price in India, availability and launch offers.
OPPO A31 2020: Price in India, Availability and Offers
To all consumers out in India, OPPO is offering the OPPO A31 in two different configurations – 4GB RAM + 64GB storage and 6GB RAM + 128 GB storage. Both prices are mentioned below:
- OPPO A31 (4GB RAM + 64GB Storage) @ INR 11,490/-
- OPPO A31 (6GB RAM + 128GB Storage) @ INR 13,990/-
BTW, OPPO is yet to announce the availability details of the OPPO A31. That being said, the smartphone is expected to go on sale and hit the shelves of stores within a week from now via Flipkart, Amazon India, OPPO’s official online store, and the brand’s authorized retailers.
OPPO A31 2020 Specifications and Features
The OPPO A31 boasts a 6.5-inch HD+ display with the screen resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. The display consists of a waterdrop notch for the selfie camera atop. Under the hood, the device is powered by a 2.3GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 processor with PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
The phone will ship with two different RAM and user-expandable storage configurations i.e. 4GB + 64GB and 6GB + 128GB.
Talking about the optics, the OPPO A31 sports a triple-rear camera setup that bears 12MP (f/1.8) primary wide-angle sensor with PDAF, a 2MP Macro Lens, a 2MP (f/2.4) depth unit for portrait shots and an LED flash. On the front, the smartphone has an 8MP snapper for selfies and video chats.
Out-of-the-box, the OPPO A31 runs on ColorOS 6.1.2 which is based on Android 9 operating system and is fueled by a 4,230mAh non-removable battery.
Other features and specs include a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and connectivity options include 4G LTE support, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, micro USB port, GPS, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
Key Specifications of OPPO A31
- Dimensions & Weight – 155.9mm x 75.5mm x 8.3mm, 180 grams
- Screen Display – 6.5-inch waterdrop notch display with 1600 x 720 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor – MediaTek Helio P35 (8x Cortex-A53 @ 2.3GHz CPU cores, IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU)
- RAM – 4GB / 6GB
- Storage – 64GB / 128GB (Expandable up to 256GB)
- Primary camera – 12MP (f/1.8 aperture) + 2MP macro (f/2.4 aperture) + 2MP depth (f/2.4 aperture)
- Secondary camera – 8MP (f/2.0 aperture)
- Operating System – ColorOS 6.1.2, based on Android 9
- Battery – 4100/4230mAh (Min/Typ)
- Connectivity – Dual-SIM, 4G, VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth v5.0, microUSB port, 3.5mm audio jack
- Other features – Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Color options – Mystery Black, Fantasy White
- Inside the box – Charger, USB cable, headset, SIM card ejection pin, protective case
Priced at INR 11,490, the OPPO A31 competes with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and the Realme 5. Both of those smartphones beat the OPPO A31 in almost every aspect be it be a processor, display, camera or the faster-charging speed. Therefore, it doesn’t make sense buying the OPPO A31, at least with its current price tag.