The Shenzhen-based Chinese smartphone manufacturer, Gionee, is among the smartphone brands that have been almost forgotten over time as it went bankrupt at the end of 2018. But, Gionee has made a comeback in the Nepali market with Gionee M100.
The company offers a wide range of mobile phones, including smartphones and budget-oriented feature phones in Nepal. Gionee has recently launched one new smartphone Gionee M100, including its four new feature phones in the market.
Initially launched in China last year, the M100 is the third smartphone announced by Gionee after coming out of bankruptcy and is now available in Nepal.
Gionee M100 Specifications and Features
Gionee M100 (also known as Gionee K3 in global markets) is the first smartphone announced by the company for the Nepal market. It boasts a 6.22-inch HD+ (1520 x 720 pixels) In-Cell panel with an aspect ratio of 19:9 and 227ppi density.
It has a waterdrop style notch that houses the 5MP selfie camera on the top of the display. Gionee has also included a 2.5D curved glass to protect the screen from scratches and accidental damage.
Powered by MediaTek Helio P23 (MTK6763) chipset, an octa-core processor based on TSMC’s 16nm FinFET process, the Gionee M100 SoC features 8 ARM Cortex A53 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz.
Coupled with this three-year-old chipset is 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage (expandable via dedicated microSD card slot).
Coming to the camera department, the M100 flaunts a pill-shaped camera module that encloses a dual-camera and an LED flash on its back. A 0.3MP sensor accompanies the 13MP primary camera, which is aligned vertically on the top left corner of the rear panel.
The Gionee M100 is fueled by a 5,000mAh battery that supports 10W fast charging and should last long given the under-power specs. It runs on Android 9 OS and has a capacitive fingerprint sensor mounted on the rear panel.
Connectivity options include 4G, VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ Glonass / Beidou, microUSB 2.0. 3.5mm headphone jack, etc.
Key Specs of Gionee M100
- Display: 6.22-inches In-Cell Panel
- Resolution: HD+ (1520 x 720 pixels); 19:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: MediaTekHelio P23
- CPU: Octa-core (4 × 2.0 GHz ARM Cortex A53 & 4 × 1.5 GHz ARM Cortex A53 )
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB, expandable via a microSD card
- Software & UI: Android 9 OS + Smart OS 8.1
- Rear Camera: Dual-camera; LED Flash
- Front Camera: 5.0MP
- Connectivity: 4G, VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, OTG, Micro USB 2.0
- Security: Face Lock and Fingerprint scanner (rear-mounted)
- Battery: 5000mAh, 10W charging
– GSM: 850/900/1800/1900
– WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100
– FDD: B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20 TDD: B40
- Colour Options: Black and Blue
Gionee M100 Price in Nepal and Availability
The price of Gionee M100 in Nepal is NPR 13,999 and is available for purchase across the country. It can be a good choice if you are looking for a long-lasting battery and aren’t concerned about gaming performance.
|Gionee Model||Price in Nepal|
|Gionee M100 (4/64GB)||Rs. 13,999|
Gionee Feature Phones
- Gionee Q11: 1.77” QVGA screen, 800mAh battery, Wireless FM, Camera
- Gionee Q15: 1.77” QVGA screen, 1700mAh battery, Wireless FM, Camera
- Gionee Q22S: 2.4” QVGA screen, 1700mAh battery, Wireless FM, Camera
- Gionee L20: 2.4” QVGA screen, 2500mAh battery, Wireless FM, Camera
In the future, Gionee has planned to launch a wide range of entry and mid-segment smartphones and feature phones.
Will Gionee be able to make a successful comeback in Nepal? Do let us know your thoughts about the new entry-level Gionee M100 in the comment section below.