Over the years, Android has significantly evolved and so have the lock screens on stock and skinned versions. And we are getting to see a lot of features these days. While on stock Android, the lock screen is clean and has only the necessary features. Whereas, the skinned interfaces such as Xiaomi’s MIUI or Huawei’s EMUI allow users to set a carousel of wallpapers to beautify the lock screen. However, neither of these variants of the lock screen allows you to customize much, and if you want more options, you can choose from some of the available third-party best screen locks for Android phones and tablets.
Using the below-mentioned screen locking apps for Android which you can try in 2020, you will be able to remove screen lock on android or use any other advanced features easily.
10 Best Screen Locks For Android Phones in 2020
When it comes to choosing the best screen locker app, we have too many options. Hence, to make it easy for you, I have handpicked 10 best screen locks for Android phones. So let’s just go ahead and check them out:
- Always On AMOLED
- Hi Locker – Your Lock Screen
- Floatify Lockscreen
- LokLok: Draw on a Lock Screen
- Lockscreen Widgets
- KLCK Kustom Lock Screen Maker
- Solo Locker (DIY Locker)
- Ava Lockscreen
1. Always On AMOLED
First of all, I have the Always On AMOLED app that will help you to keep your display on all the time. Also, you will be able to view notifications without touching your device. Along with that, you will get features like raise to wake, backgrounds and wallpapers, edge glow for new notifications, and so on.
Even the app also comes with a quick note-taking feature. So you can easily scribble or write from the display only. Along with that, you can easily control your mouse, and so on.
Price: Free / $1.99 / Other options
Key Features of Always On AMOLED App
- Always On Screen
- Notifications – view notifications without touching your device
- Now featuring raise to wake
- Backgrounds and wallpapers
- Edge glow for new notifications
- Quickly scribble or write from the always-on display
- Control your music quickly and easily
You can also check out AcDisplay. This app offers you a completely new way to handle notifications on your Android phone. The app comes with a great design and offers you awesome performance. Additionally, it comes with Active M.ode, which uses your device settings to wake your phone up when you need it.
Also, the app can be used as a lock screen and offers an incredible level of stability. You will also get an inactive hours feature, which will help you to save the battery of your device. You will also get features like the blacklist, dynamic background, low priority notifications, and so on.
Price: Free / Up to $80
Key Features of AcDisplay App
- Great design and awesome performance.
- Active mode
- The ability to use AcDisplay as lockscreen.
- Incredible level of stability.
- Inactive hours (to save some battery.)
- Enable only while charging.
- Lots of other features such as Blacklist, Dynamic background, Low-priority notifications and much more.
3. Hi Locker – Your Lock Screen
Hi Locker is an app that was developed based on the mix of classical lock screens on the older versions of Android and with the modern Android Lollipop version. With this one, you will be getting 3 unlock style, which includes the Classic, Lollipop, and iOS one.
Also, it supports fingerprint for Samsung devices and other devices too. The app also allows you to add or show events on the lockscreen. Plus, you can customize the app the way you wish to.
Price: Free / $1.99
Key Features of Hi Locker App
- Comes with 3 unlock style: Classic, Lollipop, iOS
- Supports fingerprint for Samsung devices & some devices running Android Marshmallow
- Show/Add events, weather in the next few days on lock screen
- You can enter your name or favorite status on lock screen
- Easy to change, add or delete the wallpaper
- Automatically change wallpaper after a period of time, blur wallpaper when you have a new notification
4. Floatify Lockscreen
Floatify Lockscreen is also the best screen locker for Android that you can check out. The app offers you a professional lock screen and heads up notification feature. You will also get an Android O lockscreen with blurred background, quick message.
The app also comes with a quick reply and direct reply feature, so you can respond to texts from the notifications only. You can also mark as read for WhatsApp texts, and it comes with a smart wake screen on notification feature. Additionally, you will get a bunch of preset themes and you can control music from the lock screen only.
Key Features of Floatify Lockscreen
- Android O / Nougat like lockscreen with notifications
- Heads-Up notification popups
- Mini heads-Up notifications (optional)
- Mark as read for WhatsApp and others
- Android 7 Nougat direct reply feature for android 5.0+
- Direct Replies, send predefined answers!
- Smart Wake Screen on a notification (Wake on pickup & auto pocket detection)
- Music controls for lockscreen
- Preset themes (iOS 10, Android Nougat)
5. LokLok: Draw on a Lock Screen
For my next pick, I have the LokLok. It is quite fun to use the app or you can say one of the best screen locks for Android phones. The app allows you to leave notes, drawings, and photos for other people when they check their phone or vice versa. The app allows you to draw on your phone without unlocking it. So you can leave notes for others or vice versa.
The LokLok app is also absolutely free to download and it also lets you take a photo and put it on your friend’s screen. It also works as a lockscreen and as a widget.
Price: Free / Up to $1.49
Key Features of LokLok App
- Draw on your phone without unlocking it
- Leave a note for others, it’s the first thing they’ll see when they reach for their phone
- Use it with your significant other or a group of close friends and stay in touch throughout the day
- Works like a whiteboard, erase what’s there or draw over it
- Take a photo and put it on your friend’s screen. Draw over the photos they take
- Works as a lock screen and as a widget
- No history is saved, once you erase the drawing it’s gone
6. Lockscreen Widgets
If you wish to add widgets on your lock screen, then the Lockscreen Widgets is the best app you have. The app easily lets you add any kind of widget to your lockcreen. Also, all the lockscreen widgets appear as a paged frame on top of your lockscren. Plus, each of the widgets gets its own page.
As well as it comes with some of the advanced features like you can make the widget frame’s background opaque if you want to overlay lockscreen elements.
7. KLCK Kustom Lock Screen Maker
For my next pick, I have the KLCK Kustom Lock Screen Maker. With the help of this app, you will be able to make your Android lockscreen look. It comes with a text with custom fonts, colors, size, and effects. Also, you will get to see shapes like ovals, reacts, arcs, triangles, and more. It also includes 3D flip transformation, curved and skewed text, and so on.
The app also can change the wallpaper based on time, location, weather, and so on. You will get native music utilities and comes with tons of other features. However, the app is not completely free.
Price: Free / $4.49
Key Features of KLCK Kustom Lock Screen Maker
- Some skin to start with and some Komponent (a Widget in Kustom)
- Text with custom fonts, colors, sizes and effects
- Shapes like Ovals, Rects, Arcs, Triangles, Hexagons and more
- 3D flip transformations, curved and skewed text
- Gradients, shadows, tiling and color filters
- Zooper like progress bars and series, and many more
8. Solo Locker (DIY Locker)
The next app that you can check out is the Solo Locker. This app comes with quite a lot of features. Like, it lets you lock your phone with photos. Plus, it comes with a DIY pattern locker in the style of material design. Plus, you will get a solo locker, which adds fun and personality to your unlock patterns and so on.
The app also comes with lots of widgets like a notifier, a music player, and a quick start. Plus, you will get a wide range of wallpapers too.
Price: Free / Up to $5.00
Key Peculiarities of Solo Locker (DIY Locker)
- Photo Passcode: You can use a photo as part of the phone’s passcode
- Pattern Passcode: You can use cute or cool cartoon pictures as your passcode
- Passcode Style: You can customize your own passcode interface
- Widgets: Notifier, music player, and app quick start
- Beautiful Wallpapers: More selection of wallpapers
9. Ava Lockscreen
With the help of Ava Lockscreen, you will be able to get the best features of Android and iOS on your Lockscreen. Plus, the app allows you to check your notifications on the main screen and swipe right to get access to your favorite widgets.
Moreover, you will also be able to customize the notification style, clock, wallpaper, and shortcuts. Also, it comes with Different notification themes, smart notification grouping, wake screen on notifications, and so on.
Key Features of Ava Lockscreen:
- Custom wallpaper / live wallpaper
- Blurred wallpaper
- Custom shortcuts
- Lockscreen widgets
- Send direct replies
- Different notification themes
- Smart notification grouping
- Wake screen on notifications
- Best android lockscreen experience
- Runs on android security (Fingerprint, pin, pattern)
- No annoying ads!
Start comes with a huge wallpaper gallery. As a result, you will be able to choose from a large variety of free wallpapers and backgrounds. Along with that, it comes with a music player. So you can listen to your music and create playlists.
It also offers you a weather widget, which lets you instantly access to weather updates in your location. Plus, you will get other features like smart search, notification manager, start caller ID, and so on.
Final Words: Best Screen Locks For Android Phones
So these were the top 10 best screen locks for Android phones and tablets. Each of these apps comes with its own set of features, and they are unique in their own way. These are the best lock screen apps you can install on your Android smartphone right now. There are various other lock screen apps available for Android, but a number of them are bloated.
So, that’s all from our side, go ahead and try out these lock screen replacement apps and see which one you like the most. Also, for any questions, do feel free to comment below. If we missed any of the best lock screen apps and lock screen replacement apps for Android, tell us about them in the comments.